• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Questions On My Antenna Installation

Dt0M1776

Oct 9, 2014
So this weekend I am installing my 102 inch whip with GP riser and corona ball. Couple questions: can I use locate or retaining compound on the corona ball once I find the correct length for low SWR? And what about using locate or dielectric grease on the antenna and riser threads? Lastly, I made a tie down bracket for the whip and I was wondering if putting a small piece of heat shrink over the section of whip that will contact the tie down bracket so it won't ground out? Otherwise i will have to find a rubber grommet that has a big enough hole for the corona ball to get through.
thanx

What about using a thick rubber band for the tie down bracket? Heat shrink will wear through in next to no time.

Yes you can use locate etc. RF flows on the surface of a conductor, not through it, so any fixing compound inside the hole the whip goes into should have no effect.

dxChat
Help Users