• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rack mounted Texas Star DX 1600

akzo1990

Apr 4, 2005
Arkansas
Here’s a link to my newest homebrew project. This amp will be used with my homebrew power supply in the earlier post. The cabinet that I used is a decommissioned Harris television transmitter remote control cabinet. My dad retired from this television transmitter site and has a lot of neat stuff like this around. The boards are from old salvaged Texas Star 667’s. The smaller heat sink in the picture will hold the driver. I plan on putting an amp together like the new DX399 so that I can keep the same switches as the 1600. Let me know what you all think.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/akzo90/my_photos

ED

Thanks for all the nice comments. I now have the DX399 put together and mounted in the cabinet also. I’ll try to get some pictures taken and added to the album today. The 1600 is producing around 1200 watts dead key.

ED

Hey Freecell,
My 1600 is producing 1200 watts dead key with around 100 watts of drive. Do think that I should be seeing more output? I have not put the amp on a pep meter yet as I'm sure I'll see more output on it.

ED

Why do you want so high of a deadkey???
1200w DK from a ts1600 is way too high!!!
400-500W dk SWINGING forward would be much better:)
And keep the amp WAY cooler..

AM POWER

Actually this was done for testing purposes only and will not be the normal operation setup. I wanted to test the power supply that I built for a continuous load. The power supply has done fine so far and the load was around 126 amps.

I plan on putting up a Lightning 4+ by Signal Engineering and that will be the antenna used with this amplifier. Another project for this summer :D

ED

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.