• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Amateur Facing Substantial Fine for CB Violation

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
An Oklahoma Amateur Extra class licensee is facing a $12,000 fine for operating his Citizens Band radio to “interfere with the communications of other CB stations,” the FCC said in a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) released March 21. In May 2013 an FCC agent used mobile direction-finding techniques to positively identify the source of a continuous carier of CB channel 19 (27.1...

More...

Sounds more like he was doing this for hours at a time and got reported.

After 2 warning letters he deserves a healthy fine.

Reactions: 1 person
Must have been using some power and bleeding badly to get their attention.

gee, I dunno. it really ain't hard to control a couple mile radius on 11 meters.

" The FCC said the carrier was interfering with CB communication within an approximately 2 mile radius."

the agent reported it was a CB transmitter that was used and there was no mention of any external amplifier.

It always makes me wonder.... if it was just a small CB transmitter, he was probably blocking someone from hearing anything. Perhaps there was a local wanker that hung out on 19 running power that was splattering all over the place on the Ham op's station. I've had guys like that in my area... one ran 1500 watts of Fat Boy power within a 1/2 mile of me and bragged about it over the air. I never dead keyed him, but sure was glad he moved!

Brett

It always makes me wonder.... if it was just a small CB transmitter, he was probably blocking someone from hearing anything. Perhaps there was a local wanker that hung out on 19 running power that was splattering all over the place on the Ham op's station. I've had guys like that in my area... one ran 1500 watts of Fat Boy power within a 1/2 mile of me and bragged about it over the air. I never dead keyed him, but sure was glad he moved!

Brett

We had some guys in south chicago that that locked down the trucker channel for at least a year. I could never get reports on traffic . And bothering the only channel that professional drivers use daily is begging to be caught .
I am not a Professional driver but i am a General ticket holder and i am ashamed that this guy went on the Chicken band and put a stain on the HAM hobbyist name . I never wish for anyone to be fined , but this is clearly a case that it is warranted .

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.