• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio as Art

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Here's an art piece I saw recently at the Nevada Museum of Art in Reno. This is called "Signal" by Elisheva Biernoff. The art piece is about the size of a postcard or old Polaroid. Read the description about her work, and you'll see that this is actually a painting of a photograph. The work is so detailed that I have a hard time understanding how it could be paint, but is is! Hope you enjoy!

1000003148.jpg

1000003149.jpg

1000003150.jpg

Reactions: USXDriver

I've always been drawn to the idea of soundscapes painting vivid pictures in our minds, much like visual art does. It's like each song or spoken word piece is a brushstroke, creating a masterpiece of emotion and imagination.

I've always been drawn to the idea of soundscapes painting vivid pictures in our minds, much like visual art does. It's like each song or spoken word piece is a brushstroke, creating a masterpiece of emotion and imagination.
I remember tuning in late at night, letting the static and whispers of distant stations transport me to different worlds. It's like a form of audio collage, where every voice, every melody, adds to the overall composition. And speaking of composition, have you checked out https://wordartprints.com/ ? They offer a unique perspective on art that extends beyond the visual realm. Imagine incorporating snippets of radio transcripts or song lyrics into a piece of artwork—it's like capturing the essence of radio in a tangible form.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.