• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio repair

Hi,
I'm new my name is David Cruz been in trucking for 25 years stop driving right around ELD came in effect might have to get back in a truck again hopefully not. So recently purchased a used rci 6900 F150 this radio is like new condition for it's age which bring me to my question after watching YouTube seems like a lot of bashing cb repair shops against each other who do you guys use? back in my day there was steel rod in Remington, Indiana don't believe he's around anymore. So I like Mikes video's the best he explains his work seems to have integrity also he doesn't bash and my hometown is Westchester, Pa now living in Fargo, ND but used to run his area for Frames out of Westchester before my dad passed. So reach out with Mike he did respond back and willing to check my radio pretty sure I'm making a good choice with him?
I'm absolutely amazed Mike responded to you. I was a regular customer of Mike's Radio Repair until one day he just quit responding to me. Excellent tech, great pricing, always was prompt and honest. Then he ghosts me.

Reactions: whiteastro
Well, he hasn't respond with me confirming he has my radio though tracking says was delivery was at door step. Phone number I have goes straight to voice mail. I just would think he would at least say hey David, received your radio I've even enclosed his required work order also return shipping label

Well, he hasn't respond with me confirming he has my radio though tracking says was delivery was at door step. Phone number I have goes straight to voice mail. I just would think he would at least say hey David, received your radio I've even enclosed his required work order also return shipping label

No, he's never done that. He would always tell me to send it in, so I'd ship it. I would then receive an invoice in my email, I'd pay it thru pay pal, and would receive the radio in a few days.

No, he's never done that. He would always tell me to send it in, so I'd ship it. I would then receive an invoice in my email, I'd pay it thru pay pal, and would receive the radio in a few days
Well, I did tell him no rush but at least tell me you have my radio maybe he has health problem being 57 years old myself have blood pressure also complex regional pain syndrome from over 2.5 years ago workers compensation still going through that mess. Hope his health is fine and he just got busy giving benefit of doubt willing to pay him or if he just don't want the work he can used pre paid enclosed FedEx label provided to him over 40.00 dollars for round trip shipping rather loose it than the radio I'm on a set income with workers compensation while in courts.

Well, I did tell him no rush but at least tell me you have my radio maybe he has health problem being 57 years old myself have blood pressure also complex regional pain syndrome from over 2.5 years ago workers compensation still going through that mess. Hope his health is fine and he just got busy giving benefit of doubt willing to pay him or if he just don't want the work he can used pre paid enclosed FedEx label provided to him over 40.00 dollars for round trip shipping rather loose it than the radio I'm on a set income with workers compensation while in courts.

Over the years he's done 4 or 5 radios for me, mostly Yaesu. From the time I'd ship one out til the time I got it back was never more than two weeks. Sometimes only about 10 days.

Over the years he's done 4 or 5 radios for me, mostly Yaesu. From the time I'd ship one out til the time I got it back was never more than two weeks. Sometimes only about 10 days.
Yes, it's been over a week certainly don't want to piss him off also My hometown is Westchester, PA not that it should make a difference I'm honor he took my radio lol certainly don't want to gossip or bad talk there must be some reason why he's stop making video's and dropped off it could be all the other shops bashing each other or maybe he's retiring who knows. I do favor he's video I've spent hours watch over and over again also like radio shop videos . Hope everyone is having a good day be safe and good health the world has changed so much

Mike,
Came through he was caught up with some club events he's invold with outstanding job on my radio which didn't need much but had him do all caps also alignment service updates ranger had out for 6900f150 my radio was basically untouched or aka screwdriver he went above by cleaning radio control knobs at a fair price gave him the approval what he seen fit also repaired my telex 56. big shout out to him my radio is back home with me dam thing looks like just came out of box mint like new shape

Mike,
Came through he was caught up with some club events he's invold with outstanding job on my radio which didn't need much but had him do all caps also alignment service updates ranger had out for 6900f150 my radio was basically untouched or aka screwdriver he went above by cleaning radio control knobs at a fair price gave him the approval what he seen fit also repaired my telex 56. big shout out to him my radio is back home with me dam thing looks like just came out of box mint like new shape

I'm glad it all worked out for ya. He IS the best out there that I have found. I'm sure there are others as good, or better, but I have not seen them. I just wish he wouldn't have ghosted me. I had two large jobs and a small job that went somewhere else. I just wish he'd respond to me and either tell me to send it or to F off! At least tell me something!! LOL

I'm glad it all worked out for ya. He IS the best out there that I have found. I'm sure there are others as good, or better, but I have not seen them. I just wish he wouldn't have ghosted me. I had two large jobs and a small job that went somewhere else. I just wish he'd respond to me and either tell me to send it or to F off! At least tell me something!! LOL
By not responding to you.... he is telling you something

Mike,
Ask him if you can give out his phone #. This PA man needs a McKinley fixed and with what I've heard about him, he's the man for the job. And I have watched a couple of his videos. I spent time searching for him but couldn't find him. Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.