• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Shack

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
After being disappointed past few years I have decided to try to use Radio Shack again for some stuff. So in past week went in on 2 occasions to make a purchase and I have been suprised by A them having what I need and good service. I hope its a sign that they are finally realizing Cell Phones are on every street corner.

I live in a small town, and our Radio Shack has a surprisingly knowledgeable staff. I think the key here is that it's not a corporate store, rather an independently owned "Radio Shack Dealer". While the store still emphasizes on cell phones, televisions, and end consumer products, they do have a good selection of hobby equipment and parts. There is one gentleman (I'm guessing the owner) that is always ready to answer questions about a project on which I am working.

I guess if you live in an area with a locally owned store, count yourself lucky, because the owner obviously has an interest in the products.

It's good to hear that maybe the stores corporate-wide may be returning to their roots.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.