• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

radioshack trc 465

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
is there a place where i can get a new digital readout for this radio?
i lost 1 segiment n now ive lost 2 more. nice radio if it had decent screen to see channels.
any help be appreciated.
already checked connections no cold solder joints.

The problem with missing segments in the display is almost always due to a faulty channel selector control, not the display itself. You can carefully loosen the small metal tabs that hold the selector control together and get some deoxit or whatever your fav cleaner is in there. Retighten tabs and work the control back and forth a few times. It should work fine again. If not you need to replace the channel selector.

The problem with missing segments in the display is almost always due to a faulty channel selector control, not the display itself. You can carefully loosen the small metal tabs that hold the selector control together and get some deoxit or whatever your fav cleaner is in there. Retighten tabs and work the control back and forth a few times. It should work fine again. If not you need to replace the channel selector.
done replaced selector. same 3 segiments are out and no cold solder joints

The schematic shows resistors 301-314 as 680 ohms. According to the manual parts list they are individual ones and not a couple of resistor networks. You may want to check these. If they are bad or too high in value the segments won't light.

Reactions: Rwb
The service manual posted at cbtricks.org says it's a "DR202AL" display. Didn't get any joy out of that number.

Schematic shows that it's a common-anode part. I'll see if there is any kind of cross reference on the air-gapped machine at work tomorrow.

Reactions: Rwb
The service manual posted at cbtricks.org says it's a "DR202AL" display. Didn't get any joy out of that number.

Schematic shows that it's a common-anode part. I'll see if there is any kind of cross reference on the air-gapped machine at work tomorrow.

i appreciate it nomad radio. i like the radio but the guessing game for channel change messes my liking up

with tad o help sooner or later we get er back up in viewable condition thank you to all so far

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.