• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RANGER 2900 INFO *WANTED*

DIRTY HARRY

Oct 9, 2006
N.W U.K (ENGLAND)
HI FOLKS,CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT WITH A SERVICE MANUAL OR AN OWNERS MANUAL FOR THESE RADIOS? (PREFERABLY IN ENGLISH)
RANGER 2900,SOMMERKAMP TS789DX OR GALAXY URANUS? ALL ARE THE EXACT SAME ,JUST WITH DIFFERENT NAMES. I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED RANGER & GALAXY THEMSELVES,BUT THEY SAID THAT THEY DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THESE RADIOS AS THEY ARE OLD,ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE IS A BATTERY OR SOMETHING INSIDE THIS RADIO TO POWER THE MEMORY FEATURE? AS EVERYTIME I TURN THE POWER SUPPLY OFF IT WIPES OFF ALL THE MEMORIES I HAVE PROGRAMMED INTO IT, I HAVE LOOKED INSIDE THE RADIO, BUT NO SIGN OF A BATTERY.ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED,CHEERS :D

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

those type of radios always have a flat watch type battery for memory backup.if its not on the board or obvious to your eye guess what...?lol..its behind the faceplate....on that front board somewhere i remember reading about it .you could try looking in from the back with the case open to see if its in view if not then the faceplate has to come off.this battery holds all your memory.

Highlander_821 said:
The RCI 2900 was kind of a stillborn version of the 2950.
YEP ROGER THAT HIGHLANDER_821, :) I KNOW IT WAS THE MODEL PRIOR TO THE ORIGINAL 2950 COMING OUT & IT HAD SOME ISSUES,WHICH IS WHY RANGER DISCONTINUED IT & BROUGHT OUT THE 2950, BUT THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY OUT THERE THAT HAS THE INFO I NEED AS I THINK PLENTY OF 2900'S WERE SOLD IN STATESIDE? :D

AudioShockwav said:
I THINK PLENTY OF 2900'S WERE SOLD IN STATESIDE?
Not a lot, and in the end Ranger started replacing them with the 2950.
Your best bet is to look for the "clone" radio Doc`s, the Uranus or the SommerKamp model.

jeff

HI THERE AUDIOSHOCKWAV, YES I OWN THE SOMMERKAMP TS789DX, & I HAVE SEARCHED THE INTERNET,FOR ALL THE CLONES WITH NO FULL TECH INFO, & CONTACTED BOTH RANGER WHO SAID THEY DONT HAVE ANY INFO & GALAXY THAT SAID THEY ONLY MADE THE DX SERIES,THATS WHY IM HERE ASKING FOR ANY HELP, AS MY EYES ARE TIRED WITH DOING HOPELESS DEADEND WEBSEARCHES, CHEERS ANYWAY FELLA :D

A little off topic:

The RCI 2900 was a horrible radio plagued with all kinds of problems. Peng of RCI fame hired Bill Good to fix the problems with the 2900 and that radio became the RCI 2950. Not all the issues were fixed to Bill's recommendations (especially the receiver issues).

All radios that have followed have a little bit of Bill Good's hand in it.

Master Chief said:
A little off topic:

The RCI 2900 was a horrible radio plagued with all kinds of problems. Peng of RCI fame hired Bill Good to fix the problems with the 2900 and that radio became the RCI 2950. Not all the issues were fixed to Bill's recommendations (especially the receiver issues).

All radios that have followed have a little bit of Bill Good's hand in it.
HI MASTER CHIEF, YES I WAS AWARE THAT SOME OF THESE RADIO'S HAD ISSUE'S, MINE IS O.K, I GUESS EVEN THE RANGER BRAND HAD ISSUES 20 YRS AGO MUCH LIKE COBRA HAS WITH THE 200 GTL DX, ANYWAY BACK TO THE TOPIC,CAN ANYBODY HELP ME HERE ?? :?

MC are you sure it was peng ?????? i thought it was pong . :twisted:
sorry...couldnt resist !!! :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.