• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RANGER 3500

I like this radio alot but it stays at 40 or so whats unless you wistle into the microphone any mic amp[lified or non amplified then it hits 125 watts easy. As I said theres a metal box that is soldered to the top of a can and I believe the chassis with wires coming out to the front of the radio Im not surev what Im gonna do with it keep it or send it back :unsure:

Would that be the ar-3500 from Clear Channel Corp. that used to be up in Washington and that model that i had was the 100 wt that also came with a speech compreser ( pull out the mic gain nob ) i believe but it has been so long ago my memerory is not all that great any more ( too many miles in a semi-truck )

Well I need opinions here I still have this AR-3500 I am trying to decide what to do its a nice radio and my buddy wants to trade me his Alinco DJ-V5 dual band handheld and this 3500 for a excellent condition Galaxy DX2527 I have in the closet here.

I have to 2527 they are my favorite 10 meter base radios but I hardly use my original one anymore that I bought in the 1990s. I actually posted that 2527 here and it didnt sell but I guess it dint matter because I hate shipping items that big after what happen to my Yaesu FT-767 after I sent it out to be completely rebuilt UPS used it for a wheel chuck durring its retuirn home and I recieved no insurance claim from them and they kept the radio to boot. NEEDLESS TO SAY IT LEFT A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND LEFT ME A BIT GUN SHY!!

Anyways what do you all think?? Also can parts be obtained for this 3500 if ever there was a need?? Is this 3500 a better all around radio than this Galaxy 2527??

Everytime i see that word AR-3500 i jump out of my chair. I had the AR-3500 with all the extra's and i sure do miss that radio. For those of you guys who have one DON'T LET IT GO you will be sorry like me. Oh well, time goes on lol

Im thinking of keeping this thing I guess its ok I just was expecting it to slam 100 watts like my 2970 this 3500 fluctuates more due to the speach processor that is in it Im guessing they say it sounds good but its picky as to what mic I run its the standard 8 pin yaesu wiring and I have found that the best sounding mic was my sure 526T according to people on the receiving end.

i know a guy selling a 35 watt radio...... and i sent an email to a guy selling the 100 watt version...

I will let you guys know what i come up with.

I have no need for it but i know theres some of you that will do anything to get one at a reasonable price.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.