1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Ranger AR3300

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by novakor, Aug 14, 2005.

1. novakor

novakor Active Member

Hey,i was wanting to know is the ranger ar3300 a good radio?
    How old are they?Any known problems.Any good on SSB? and are they easily modded for extra freq's?. This is a 25 watt version.
    TIA,Stu

2. NorthStar

NorthStar Administrator

AR 3300 are really old radios. One of the first 10 meter export radios to come into the country. Clear Channel imported them which is Magnum RF Limited today. They do have some problems. Most of todays is just parts failing cause of age. Some parts are hard to find for them. They are a decent performing ssb radio.

3. novakor

novakor Active Member

opps i didn't see other ar3300 post below mine,i'll read up there thanks.

4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Active Member

Both the AR3300 and the AR3500 are very respected radios still to this day. They sell easily from $200 and up on eBay and considering their vintage, they still outperform many of todays modern stuff being thrown at us from the orient. Their quality of audio is prolly their strongest attribute. It's not uncommon to receive reports telling you that you sound like you're using a high-end ham radio. And rightly so since they were built in the shadow's of them, to compete against them. If you have the opprotunity to get a AR3300 for a reasonable price, don't hesitate. If you want listeners to think you are talking on a loud, quality base, buy a Ranger AR3300/3500. For that matter, in the right hands, they often outperform many bases!

5. Bozo

Bozo Member

They both are good radios.. I have the AR-3500 100w with sp1-a speech processor with a stock mic and they say that it is as loud as my 2995dx with the sp1 and power mic. Has been good since the day I bought it.

6. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin Staff Member