• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger freedom radio

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Anyone have any comments on the RANGER FREEDOM ssb/am radio?..power after peak/tune, drift, or other comments.

doctor :shock:

very good radios, I had one and sold it but wish I had not. you will love it.

very little drift till warmed about 10 mim but very solid after that.

got great reports on it. :D

Yeah, not a bad radio Bob's CB went thru one of the ones I have keys up 2w swings to 18w or so. Drifts slightly on startup as airplane1 mentioned. Actually I bought a few when the local truck stop had em clearanced out around the first of the year.
Those came with chrome covers and SRA-168 chrome speaker.

freedom

Yes was wondering, a cb shop in Kentucky..Marion was selling them for $75 peaked/tuned and expanded, wasn't a bad price and a few fellows around here bought them

DOCTOR

Ranger Freedom One

If you can pick one up for $75, nab it! That's a great deal.
I had mine opened up for above and below cb freqs.
I use it with a Turner noise cancelling mic and it seems to be a good combination; I get good reports on audio.
I think my clarifier was opened a little much to slide and has made it wander a little bit more, even when warm, than what I like. It's not a big problem though, just ever so slight wandering. Good radio, not up to the same standards as the Phillipine 148 or the Grant XL/LT, but still a good radio.
I'd buy it again, for a good price.

I bought one in a pawn shop for 40 bucks 2 years ago still using it ,the clarifier needs a mod to track xmit and rx together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.