• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI 29 Base Station

Useless freq counter(display?). Should have one more digit.
Also it should have dual clarifier. tx/rx and rx only.
Mike
I was hoping that it has fine and coarse clarifier. I don't know if the single clarifier can get the zeros? Probably not. At least the frequency should be fairly stable with the Ranger surface mount board.

I Hope they put the Old Range Quality in the box and didn't try to cut corners like others do.
I think that Ranger quality is better than Galaxy, for what that is worth. But until they get some kind of DSP noise reduction like the Anytone made radios, they are stuck in the trying hard category.

Useless freq counter(display?). Should have one more digit.
Also it should have dual clarifier. tx/rx and rx only.
Mike
I liked the simplicity of the Clarifier on the Ranger/RCI 29 base, as-is, it's rx only. Push Clarifier knob in and then it's a TX/RX clarifier. A lot easier than having to go into some hellish menu system, should you want to change it often.

2 irfz24n (rt1) have lasted me a year in the mobile with the 69vhp, keying 20 swinging 40 avg and 100 pep. I get long winded talking to locals around here too.

At $589 its in my opinion a complete waste of money. They are much better radios that will run circles around this one. One that comes to mind is the ICOM 718.
not if you talk fm, also many average operators have trouble running the hf rigs on am (at least in my area) and sounding understandable. I like my ft100d but my 2517 gets more use for local talking.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.