• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger USA vendors

The last digit indicates what band the radio is on.
The main board is , as he stated in the vid, based on the 2950 , and he designed the amp section.
I see it squarely targeted at Big Radio AM users that want a Galaxy radio look with a high power amp bolted on the bottom.
It's not for me, I do not like radios with pa sections bolted to a radio, but there are guys that want the biggest radio on the block.
The price is also a killer for me, it's a good chunk of change for a mobile....... for that kind of money I can buy a radio that will do 160-10 +6 meters+2 meters+440 all mode with dsp.....
I also understand that not everyone has a lic and needs/wants anything more that 11 meters.

To each his own.

Jeff

So did the original poster buy a radio as I’m seriously interested in an N2 to use as a base station , but I’m
Outside the USA so need to buy from
A trusted radio shop .

So did the original poster buy a radio as I’m seriously interested in an N2 to use as a base station , but I’m
Outside the USA so need to buy from
A trusted radio shop .

I ended up getting a 2995 DXCF from Clays CB shop. I only had them tune for the radio to meet specs. I also got a Road king RK56 noise cancelling mic. No complaints happy with the purchase and customer service. I had Shure 550L new in the box that I had for years that I paired up to it and its just better in a base station application. When I got the radio home I checked everything out, watts, modulation, RX sensitivity and everything was great.

The last digit indicates what band the radio is on.
The main board is , as he stated in the vid, based on the 2950 , and he designed the amp section.
I see it squarely targeted at Big Radio AM users that want a Galaxy radio look with a high power amp bolted on the bottom.
It's not for me, I do not like radios with pa sections bolted to a radio, but there are guys that want the biggest radio on the block.
The price is also a killer for me, it's a good chunk of change for a mobile....... for that kind of money I can buy a radio that will do 160-10 +6 meters+2 meters+440 all mode with dsp.....
I also understand that not everyone has a lic and needs/wants anything more that 11 meters.

To each his own.

Jeff
I agree you can get lot more radio for that kind of money

Built in 5 digit frequency counter according to the man in the video.

They left room for a 6 digit, but they put in a 5 digit. Nice red sticker where that last digit should be, so it's got that going for it.

It is NOT a frequency counter. It is only a readout just like the channel indicator.
Look at the video again on the shelf above the radio as he is modulating, is a true frequency counter which is reading true frequency as he talks.

Big difference between a frequency readout display and a true frequency "counter'.

Just watch it while turning the clarifier knob. If the digits change, it's a true counter display. And if they don't, it's just a multi-digit channel display.

nomad.....
I could be mistaken, but I disagree with that.
By turning the clarifier, all that is being done is changing the tuned-in frequency on the display, same as the channel display.
It is not counting the actual cycles per second.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned