• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950 Increase Mic Gain

wcsd106

Nov 19, 2009
I have a RCI 2950 (Non-DX) in my car but have modified the mic jack to put +8v so that I can use the SRA-117 echo microphone designed for the 2950DX on it.

It seems, however, that the SRA-117 is lacking in the audio department. Anyone know of any resistor swaps for the 2950 to increase the mic audio?

Or..... Does anyone know of any mods for the SRA-117 echo mic to increase the audio? I opened it up hoping for a VR but was not that lucky.

I dunno. If this mic was designed for the 2950 then why did it require a jack modification?

I just saw on another forum that someone was asking the same thing and the reply was that the 117 is not a power mic, just echo.

You probably should have made a different selection like the 2018 Extreme or something.

Good luck

I dunno. If this mic was designed for the 2950 then why did it require a jack modification?

I just saw on another forum that someone was asking the same thing and the reply was that the 117 is not a power mic, just echo.

You probably should have made a different selection like the 2018 Extreme or something.

Good luck

To clear the first part up, the SRA-117 is designed for the 2950DX, not the standard 2950. Had to put 8v on the mic jack to power the mic.

I have a RCI 2950 (Non-DX) in my car but have modified the mic jack to put +8v so that I can use the SRA-117 echo microphone designed for the 2950DX on it.

It seems, however, that the SRA-117 is lacking in the audio department. Anyone know of any resistor swaps for the 2950 to increase the mic audio?

Or..... Does anyone know of any mods for the SRA-117 echo mic to increase the audio? I opened it up hoping for a VR but was not that lucky.
I also have a 2950 non DX . Do you mind sharing how you went about getting the 8v to the mic socket ? Thanks

Reactions: brandon7861

Hello I also have the Non DX 2950 Would you mind sharing how you went about getting 8v to mic socket ? Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.