• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950 only putting out 10 watts on SSB

Skyrider

Apr 9, 2010
Leon, GTO. Mexico
I have my friends 2950 that for some reason only does 11 watts tops on SSB. On AM it does around 5 or so watts tops. I had the replacement driver transistors handy but replacing them didnt do anything.

I did voltage checks on the driver transistors and theyre all very very wonky. Il be posting my readings later on when i get a chance to get my notepad. But theyre either very high or low. Sometimes i got negative readings on transmit. :thumbdown:

Well i must admit im stumped. :confused: My last guess would be a bad regulator but i have no idea what to look for.

If anyone could offer me any help i would much appreciate it. :)

I have my friends 2950 that for some reason only does 11 watts tops on SSB. On AM it does around 5 or so watts tops. I had the replacement driver transistors handy but replacing them didnt do anything.

I did voltage checks on the driver transistors and theyre all very very wonky. Il be posting my readings later on when i get a chance to get my notepad. But theyre either very high or low. Sometimes i got negative readings on transmit. :thumbdown:

Well i must admit im stumped. :confused: My last guess would be a bad regulator but i have no idea what to look for.

If anyone could offer me any help i would much appreciate it. :)
I run rci2950's n the voltage reg. ur looking for mount on the side by the audio Ic they should be SA473 standing on the board n a B754 heat sinked to side good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.