• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2970DX - NO TX !

Probably Blew A Pill. Turn up side down. Pull Bottom Cover Off... Brown and black wire that plugs in the board close to finals on the left rear side. Unplug it. Check with watt meter if you have a couple watts swinging 20 watts then its a pill in the amp section. {Cry_river} Good Luck.. PS if you can figure out how to get to the pills key it up with the antenna hooked up. If one pill gets warm and the other dont then the cool pill is blown.. The plug I mentioned turns the amp off. Some people put an external switch in one of those wires to manually turn the amp off. Some people use like the swr button on front of the radio for that option.

Last edited:
Thanks Robb. I checked it with a meter. that's how I found out I was not getting out. It's an older radio I got in a trade. I had it in " The Radio Shop " recently and they told me they repaired the CPU and reset the CPU. They rewired the 636 mic and I was off to DX Land. I was getting good reports and now it's not transmitting. They told me that they could not guarantee the CPU. I do not think it's the CPU. Thanks again for the fast reply. I enjoy reading your post.

New 2950DX display color

I just bought one of these new units with 16 memory channels and the black display background.

However I don't think the number on the black display are green. I think the display color is Yellow numbers over a BLACK background. The yellow digits have a hint of green, but are mostly Yellow. Do you really think the digits are a true green color?

Sorry but I am confused........... in the title you said 2970, but then you said your 2950. So which is ? Just curious, glad ya got er fixed up.

I had a 2970 DX once and it was the driver that blowed and i had no output. I fixed that myself and i was once again raising hell on the radio!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.