• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995

Talkback and roger beeps and echo and blue lights and frozen drink machines can be installed inside any radio....well maybe not the frozen drink machines :p

Reactions: NZ8N
Remove D67 from the board. Or install a switch to bypass it so you can turn it on and off.

I'm going to try this is my 2995DX and see how it goes. Mine is a current late model. Will post back how it does.

Also have an older 2970 non-DX that the sites say do the same deal to D78 but I have looked and looked and I can't find D78 on the board anywhere. Has anyone done this and can tell me exactly where to look for it? I've even seen it on the schematic but can't spot it on the board.

Remove D67 from the board. Or install a switch to bypass it so you can turn it on and off.

Good idea, tie one end of the switch to the diode and the other end back to the board, I wonder if a small pot installed in that circuit would give a guy a volume control?

It's a no go so far on the 95DX. Surface mount components and the SMT diodes are not marked on the board. There are a few leaded diodes but none of them are D78.

I'm going to try this is my 2995DX and see how it goes. Mine is a current late model. Will post back how it does.

Also have an older 2970 non-DX that the sites say do the same deal to D78 but I have looked and looked and I can't find D78 on the board anywhere. Has anyone done this and can tell me exactly where to look for it? I've even seen it on the schematic but can't spot it on the board.

It should be just in front of T1 on 2950 board.

Right, it's a 2970 non DX. It should still have an EPT295013Z main board, it just has a single final and the amplifier section attached to the bottom.

But you're not following the thread. It's 2995DX's that are being discussed.

Oh I am following the thread, and my apologies to the OP, but did you forget that you had posed this question?

Gotcha Warbird, didn't realize you were responding to the 2nd item. Next time I'm in the 2970 I'll look there for D78.

Thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.