• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rci 2995dx-cf

N3JTN - Just curious why you would buy one of these export radios for $600 + when you can buy a better HF rig with all the frequencies and modes for the same price or not much more.
I agree with you.
The reason? AM use and power output. The first stupid thing people do is clip the limiter. I wouldn't say this - except for the fact that 90% of the SSB radios I work on for other people have this.

It's just 'stoopid'
Not a hater; just fed up with this AM group think that is based entirely in ignorance - is all.
End rant.

Great looking Big Rack Mount Transceivers. Main reason I like them :cool:

Got rid of the the drifting standard 6900 board Galaxy Saturn/2980 series rigs and kept the 2990, 2990DX (rare) and 2995DX series rigs. These are based on the 2950 (DX) chassis and are more stable on SSB. A 2985DX and a Saturn Turbo would round out the collection nicely if I found one at the right price.

Good luck with your new big radio! It will hold it's value if you keep it clean on the outside and don't hack up the inside (y)

d1IjjVQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.