• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2995DX or GALAXY DX 95T2

Boogiemaster

Nov 17, 2009
Hi

Could i get your opinions on a couple of rigs i like?

One is the GALAXY DX 95T2 and the other is the RCI-2995DX.

I only found one supplier in the UK but both these radios were out of stock.

The supplier won't get any more till the exchange rates improve?

So i will have to order one from the states and so i wanted to know if i could get away without paying tax?

Also what would shipping be?

And what is a good store to purchase from in the states?

Sorry for all the questions :(

And thanks :)

Both great radio's. The Galaxy 95T2 is a mobile, the RCI 2995 is a base. That 2995 would cost a bunch to ship.

Similar power output on both - I believe. I have a friend close by that has a RCI2995, and I talked to him yesterday on my 95t2. I thought the SSB on his radio wasn't as decent as my radio. The AM is about equal. He wants to trade radios; I said 'no way!'

The RCI has a noisy fan to keep it cool; one would need to replace it. Otherwise, the fan noise will be picked up if you use a sensitive mic on it - like a Silver Eagle. I use a Turner +3 on the 95t2; it works out fine. If you get a 95t2 - just be sure the shop doesn't clip the modulation limiter in it. My radio has that mod and I cannot stand it. It is hard to adjust to modulation to a usable level. Feedback and over modulation is the result - not pretty...

depends what you want a base or a mobile Ide say get the 2995 or get a 2970 mobile which both are a good SSB radio if SSB is not something of importance or something you do or focus on then the Galaxy Big Rig series radios as Galaxy calls them will do just fine Big Rig series radios are 95T and the other high power mobiles.

You may even look into the RCI2950DX and a seperate amplifier. My opinion personally would be to skip the glorified CB / Export radios and get a nice used HF rig better filtering and made to run at the higher power levels with stability and proven forced air cooling. These high power Export radios are way over priced when looking at features compared to HF radios Look at Yaesu FT-840, Kenwood TS-50, Icom IC-718 all well in the price range of the radios you mentioned above. ;) (y)

Or if you dont mind an older tube rig with EXCELLENT AM audio and GREAT SSB and does 100watts on both, look at the yaesu ft 101e. They have a way better reciever than any export/cb radio and have a very loud CLEAN Am signal. I love mine!!! I just bought the AM filter to improve the AM reciever even more!

I run a Galaxy DX 95T2 and it is one of the most excellent rigs I have ever owned. Only mobile for now, its doing wonderful driving my MagnaForce 4x2sc2879.

A long time ago when i was a kid my dad bought me a receiver.

I would listen to all the cbers till early in the morning.

My dad said wouldn't it be nice to talk to them instead of listening to them?

Well i said yes and later that week he bought me a cheap am rig.

I talked to a lot of people on that rig and missed a lot of sleep.

Later on people would say flick it high or sideband and i didn't have a righ that could do that.

So later on my dad bought me a tristar 747 and a mighty magnum antenna.

I talked to a lot of people all around the world sent qsl cards all over and cost my mom a fortune.

I talked to the states a lot but loved to listen to the old folks about their lives and how they met their partners etc.

Spent hours and hours just listening to the old folk running moonshine from state to state and all the good and bad times they had.

I got married and the cb gear all got sold to buy baby things.

But now the kids are older i wanted to get back into it again.

I wish it was like back in the 70s but today so much choice of radio its confusing?

But i want to thank you all for your suggestions and i will look up the radios and read some reviews.

I always take my time when i buy something and then ask the wife what she thinks?

Funny thing about women is they always seem to know????

But i will let you know what i get :)

Thanks again for the help :)

which radio to get

Hi

Could i get your opinions on a couple of rigs i like?

One is the GALAXY DX 95T2 and the other is the RCI-2995DX.

I only found one supplier in the UK but both these radios were out of stock.

The supplier won't get any more till the exchange rates improve?

So i will have to order one from the states and so i wanted to know if i could get away without paying tax?

Also what would shipping be?

And what is a good store to purchase from in the states?

Sorry for all the questions :(

And thanks :)
hi jon here i go by kw-35 on lower 38,i got my radio from radio active radios,there on the web do a search and send and email or call mike,he set up my 2995dx base,also i would like to get the 95t2 soon its also a good radio but for the base i would get the 2995dx

Radio active is the last place I would let super hack pack one of my radio's. Just do a quick search here and you will see for yourself.

1) get with DTB radio, he is a WWRF member
2) Bobs cb in PA
3) Doug at Custom cb
4) Sparky 's cb

Any of the above would be hands down a better choice. You only want to buy and ship once.

Radio active is the last place I would let super hack pack one of my radio's. Just do a quick search here and you will see for yourself.

1) get with DTB radio, he is a WWRF member
2) Bobs cb in PA
3) Doug at Custom cb
4) Sparky 's cb

Any of the above would be hands down a better choice. You only want to buy and ship once.

SkullMan64 is a local guy I talk to. He became a member after I invited him to do so. His radio sounds and works quite well - I can attest to that. On a humerous note, he recently told me that he has his IMAX antenna 160 ft up in a tree. A friendlier radio operator - you won't find one!

Wecome -Jon/SkullMan64- to the WWRF!
(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.