• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI base radios

Hey 555,

The 95DX is the latest version. Includes 12 meters and the internal power supply has been updated. The earlier ones had weaker power supplies that would go bad if you tried to constantly push every single watt out of them all the time, especially if you peaked it out for maximum.

2995DX better radio no question

I think they cost too much though. For that money you can get a real nice used tabletop ham rig.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think the biggest differences have been covered, 95 imo is the better of the two, doesn't have the issues with the PSU that I've seen, Though I'm not thrilled about Surface Mount, it is the future. Final consideration is parts, the worse possible problem you can have with any of the RCI radios is the CPU, and replacment can be a PITA.

An unlikely issue, but none-the-less, possible, I would jump on a 2990 if the price were right, but otherwise the 2995.

95DX

I have an early version of the smt DX and the power supply died hard core so I just replaced that monster transformer and crappy transistor mounting with a nice meanwell 28 amp switching PS. EASY AND CHEAP FIX, not to mention you loose 25 lbs of copper wire....LOL

rci 2995dx

I use this base rig in north London in the UK and have the 10 11 12 mtrs. It's a superb radio with top notch rx/tx and with my echomax 2000 mic the audio is also superb. I run it through a interceptor 10K on a tower and shake London when i transmit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.