• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI Rangers

Just curious guys I see everyone is favoring the 2970 does the 6900 F150 not work as well and have you guys owned or ran the 6900........I'm not trying to start anything here I myself have owned a 2970 Dx and loved the radio and wish I never would of sold it. But I was thinking about trying one of the 6900 F150's thats why I'm asking.

Stone...

I'll let ya know next week my 6900/ 150 will be here sometime.
If its anywhere near as good as my 6300/ 150 I'll love it.
I should have gotten it to start with but didnt hear much SSB so I thought I'd save a few $$. Guess I can find a new home for the 6300..

Eric

I have both a 2950 DX and a 6900 F25
They have both done a great job for me.
One thing that I think the 6900 has over the 2950 in a mobile setting is the capability to reach down and "click" channels. I know were the radio controls are and I know if I move up a band, or over so many clicks, were I am at without looking at the radio. The controls are layed out better (for me) in that environment.
On the Base, the 2950 is good because you can look at the frequency display, step under the digit you want to change, and move up and down quickly. And I can deal with the sometimes awkward to adjust inner/outer knob controls( I sometimes suffer from fumble finger with real close controls) in that case.
2 cents worth...

Jeff

Hey guys,

I was beginning to wonder if everyone just hated the 6900 series.....there's a fellow about 15 miles from me thats running one and it sounds real good. I like the idea of the speech processor that they have which I don't believe the 2970DX has and the echo but one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that ya have to go inside the radio to adjust it.....oh well I guess ya can't have everything.

ranger rci 2950 dx

i also run a ranger rci 2950 dx in my big truck the only problem it lacks power but the audio is crystal sure it doesnt have the echo or talkback facility but as an operator you dont really need that junk i adore the scan facility on my ranger and split fgrequency overall i have no complaints this has to be the radio of choice for ssb ive spoke to many stations in the good old usa from the 29 division on my ranger i also like the wide digital display and the lighting of green for night time use coverage is also excellent

Hey StoneCrusher, nothing wrong with the 6900's, alot of people just prefer the 2950 / 70 models. Also, not sure what you are talking about with the speech processor. The 6300/6900 radio's don't have that. Maybe your friend had a SP-1A added.

:roll: i have a 2950 and a 2970 roger. they both work great am\ssb, 70's good but i prefer the 50 more just the fact of able to hook different power to it other then with the 70 ud could probably use it to drive a sweet 16!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.