• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci voyage 9000

grandpaclint

Oct 3, 2009
i am thinking about getting a voyage 9000, after the first of the year

i never see any feedback,,,,,anybody have any????????

for the price seems like just what i want

just askin

:whistle:

I had one I ordered for a guy years ago I believe it was basically the same board as the Superstar 3900 but it reminded me alot of the Galaxy 88 which I believe this Voyage 9000 replaced.

I have one now that I bought new about 7 months ago. I used it twice on base and then put it back in the box since I have three other radios I use. It seems like a nice radio and has the quality you would expect from RCI. The setup and functions on the radio remind you of the galaxy 88 for sure (except no mic gain). For the price, it is a hard to beat AM/SSB mobile rig. I WOULD recommend this radio if it meets your requirements.

I will likely put my up for sale on the forum here soon....it is already for sale on another forum now.

73's....Two Step

i have 2 vr9000 and i love mine the only problem i have had was a squeal from it when i turned the mike(d104)hand mike up any at all but i took it to a tec in louisville,ky he disconeconneted the talk back it elimatated the squel all to gather so when you get one take the talk back out rite away mine does about 30 watts and i run a palamar 400 and a 102 in. whip on a jeep wrangler and i love mine and i wouldnt have anything els

You dont have to disconnect the talkback just a switch in the radio like we did with Galaxy 88 back in the days of owning them. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.