• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCi???

oOh and the 706 MKIIG covers the
11 meter (as well as rest of HF bands)
6 meter
2 meter
70 cm

all mode one radio

i think it was to expensive for what it was. it was just a 6m radio. for just over a $100 more you got a nive yeasu quad bander (10M/6M/2M/440) that didnt require an additional tone board for accessing repeaters. hell after the board there nearly the same price.

The RCI 5054 DX 6 meter radio was different from the Yaesu quad bander because it was an all mode radio, capable of FM, AM, SSB & CW. The Yaesu 8900 was just FM mode which is good for simplex and repeater work, but when 6 meters is open and active, most of the action is on SSB.

I had a 5054 DX and thought it was a good radio for the price ($250 new) and wish RCI still offered the 25 watt version. I know many Techs who are interested in getting on 6 meters with all mode capability, but would have to spend nearly $500 or more on a used HF/6m rig.

Carl is right about adding the external tone board. It added about $50 to the price of the radio, making it a $300 radio, but I have not seen many other all mode radios that a newly licensed ham can get for less than $500-600.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned