• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC-450 Channel pop.. and MORE!

VA3WPN

Jan 7, 2012
So, Iv picked up this TRC-450. And the first thing I noticed was that it seemed unmolested. However... it still has its problem. There is a LOUD popping when the channel is changed, and a pretty loud buz. It sounds like ignition noise... but there is no ignition.. Its in my shack. And this is the only radio to get any kind of buzzing.

any suggestions? Thanks.

IIRC, this radio has the same chassis as the Uniden Grant and the Cobra 142GTL. It is a PC-385 chassis. Worked on this radio and many like it.

Has to be a bypass cap/bad solder joint from what you've described IMO . . . Never had to deal with that one . . . Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Now, I will be into the arduous process of RE-CAPPING this whole radio. Im going to also hit up some of the other components as well. Just as good measure. Probably replace the MB chip with one for expanded use.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.