• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic trc-490 mic problems

TRC-490 mic problem

Thanks for trying but this really doesn't help. There used to be a small board attached to the 5 pin connector in the radio. Now all that remains is 4 wires, the audio and shield, and a pink wire and a black wire. The 5 pin din connector and the little board are gone. I have seen another of these radios so I compared them.

I don't know where to go from here. Is it as simple as hooking these wires up to the connector in the proper order? If so, what order? If the coax and shield are the audio, which is tx and which is receive? What function did the little board serve that was attached to the 5 pin din connector on the radio?

Thanks for the help.

TRC-490 mic problem

OK,
It IS as simple as connecting the wires in the right order, and I figured out the correct order. Now everything works as it should but I'm getting alot of regenerative feedback when I key the mic. If I turn the mic all the way down I get good reports, but if it is up past 1, then I get a loud squeal when I key the mic. I suspect there is a ground that needs to be added some where, perhaps to the shield on the mic connector.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so very much for the earlier help. The link you gave me didn't fix the problem, but with it and some other info I got off the web, I was able to get it working, at least to this point. If I can fix the squeal, I'll have it licked.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.