• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Hey ForestRunner98, I heard you in the background and tried to make contact,but the noise floor was a bit high on my end, bummer, maybe another time.........

73's
WDX 1863
Dude the conditions are like a sine wave. Up and down!! One moment the station is roaring the next second I have my ear near the speaker. Making me work for the QSO!

Hello 226 Texas: Yes I do, I talked to a bunch of stations that day. I sometimes can hear stations barley coming over the noise and some AM Stations that seem to annoyed by SSB stations.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert, CH 16 27.155 Mc 889 in the Mojave

Hello 226 Texas: Yes I do, I talked to a bunch of stations that day. I sometimes can hear stations barley coming over the noise and some AM Stations that seem to annoyed by SSB stations.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert, CH 16 27.155 Mc 889 in the Mojave
Ha!! That's great. I remember talking to you but didn't make the connection to you and WWDX until this morning. The light finally came on! Haha...
73's

Reactions: AudioShockwav
WDX 945 was making a solid trip down here around 1:25P.M. I could hear him fine, but it sounds like his ears were being clipped.

I did hear a few other stations trying to get back to me, but I was really struggling to hear them. 363 was one of them. 36 in Ohio from his mobile stood out from that group and we were able to carry on the QSO. I've also had a weak copy on 159 several times.

There's definitely skip
I've got so much ground noise around here that it's pathetic. People need to shove me a good solid 7 before they get above the noise floor.

Today, Sunday, March 5th was the 2nd best skip day I've had on LSB 16 in the last six months on my little rinky-dink barefoot rig. Great turn out from our WDX group. It is also nice to see other folks jumping in. We're not crowded like LSB 38 just yet, but there were a couple of times when I could hear two different SSB conversations going on at once.

More skip to come!

Today, Sunday, March 5th was the 2nd best skip day I've had on LSB 16 in the last six months on my little rinky-dink barefoot rig. Great turn out from our WDX group. It is also nice to see other folks jumping in. We're not crowded like LSB 38 just yet, but there were a couple of times when I could hear two different SSB conversations going on at once.

More skip to come!
There is nothing to be ashamed of for running barefoot. A bunch of of locals were on 80 meters Friday night and we turned power down under 1 watt and were able to hear each other well. It takes better antennas and operating skills to be heard with low power.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.