• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Recomend me a good microphone!!!

Red Ranger

Aug 16, 2008
I have a very high pitched voice for a guy, and all I've ever use is the stock mics that were with the radios!

My mobile is a PC-122xl and the stock mic is 50% smaller than those HUGE POS cobra mics that I have on my other two radios. I have medium sized hands and the Cobra mics are quite clumsy.

Right now my base is a barefoot 25LTD classic, with a stock mic.

I don't really need alien voice, just a good sounding mic that will sound good with my voice and my radio.

Any advice?

Mind these are noise cancelling mics but they do offer good voice reproduction with a lower tone output,
astatic 636l and the rk-56 turner, my personal preference is the rk-56 for shape and weight.

ive got a 2018 xtreme on my uniden 78 and i absolutely love it !
the microphone element itself is very clean by cb standards , plus is has high quality echo and on most uniden and cobra radios will allow talkback without having to mod the radio and you can controll it with the mic . it also has switchable noise reduction so you can use it in a mobile without alll the background noise .

heres some more info and recording of its different sounds and effects .
RF Limited EC-2018XTR Xtreme Echo Mic

also.....for a lot less money this mic gets a lot of positive comments . http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1878524/1328476.htm

the texas ranger heavy duty replacement mic at under 20$ is a very good mic and a bargin. higher audio than most stock mics . almost as loud as a power mic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.