• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rehash, new 29er lx & NW clean sound

PLUMMER

Sep 10, 2012
Michigan
Want to clean up a new cobra 29 sound quality and power. I read several threads here about 40 watt this and 50 watt here toos. Which interests me, but my concern is sound quality.
I like both the lx and the NW just for use in the dark. I plan on using this in my work van here in south eastern MI.
I would do the mods myself if it's possible to do without all kinds of expensive bench scopes. I read the recipe here but it's from many moons ago, is it still the best method and I don't. See many shops even offering the 1969 anymore. Is there a better more up to date list of parts for a new 29er, or is the old thread list still good.
I also am not opposed to purchasing a turnkey unit, in fact I would prefer this, but. Weeding thru all the hype out there trying to find a good tuner is difficult, when I obviously know nothing about this field.
It seems every CB shop site I goto is so dated, or bad mouthing every other shop and their way is always the best........
I have done plenty of soldering, think it would be fun to do, but in the end I want to sound good, not irritating.
Thanks for your time

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.