• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Repair/tune Yeticom Optima.

I would love too. I would be like a kid in the candy store. The problem would be, Bobs is located in central Pennsylvania , that would be about 4 to 5 hrs. Away. That would cost a tank or two and the ridiculous cost of tolls/ fuel. It sucks! Mail ins is cheaper but nobody I contacted , takes mail in repair. They are overwhelmed. The only two I would send my equipment near me was mikes in Penn but he no longer in b Business. CB Doc in upstate is a silent keyer. I Googled cb/Ham repair near me and most store repairs are extinct or only sales. It’s even hard to find a tv repair store. They rather sell you new. I like to recycle my equipment. One thing I can say is , since Covid 19, a a lot of people have been buying cb equipment from mail orders stores . Try to find the equipment to buy is scarce.

Audioshockwav ,ill check him out. Thanks! Just wondering, is there any Elmer here on this site. that repairs and or service. What I really looking for is someone who calibrates and or repairs equipment, EX; Antenna tuners / T differential, Ham Amps / SB 221, CB & Ham radios. I've been gathering equipment for many years to setup my station, since i moved 8 years ago. I would like to have the equipment checked out before operation so everything is up to snuff. I would love to do it myself but don't have the proper test equipment nor have the funds to buy. I'm ready to start setting up my shack so I can get on the airwaves. I use to know people around my way but they retired because solder got to them or past away. Its a dying breed of great techs of their time. The answer to the cause would be buy new but that doesn't fit my bill. I love what I have and saved through the years. Times have changed and generation Z doesn't cut it. No Pun Attended, Very scares to find!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.