• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reputable CB Shops/Techs

This is where I miss the ole locals cause one could just stop by with an extra radio or set in the in the driveway and key it up.

Yeah no locals here anymore! I look at the price of equipment and its no wonder. If you're like most you have a map or two on the wall of your shack? If you want to see where I am you'll see why I'm so isolated. Look at an Arkansas map, in the bottom S/W corner is a town called Eldorado. Now draw a line about 20 miles due west...not much there!

Reactions: Keto
There are lots of Arkansas operators on 26.795 and 26.915, both AM mode. I hear them up here often. The group on 915 are all great folks !
Not sure which part of Arkansas they are in though......

Reactions: 575nightrider
@Keto
They still sell Toshiba 2290's at RF parts for $115 each plus shipping .

@575nightrider
As for the stamp and number that may have been on it that guy prolly used rubbing alcohol to remove it to make it look new. I'm happy you alcohol tested it and I'm glad its an original 2290.
That 2290 is the original. I can almost guarantee it from the looks of the glue on the screws being untouched.
There's got to be an issue in the PA section which is all those capacitors around and including the 3 copper coils. Try if you can when your feeling better or up to it to get as good a look as you can to the 2 green capacitors between the 3 coils for burn marks. Or any of them around that area and let me know if you find something please.

@Keto
They still sell Toshiba 2290's at RF parts for $115 each plus shipping .

@575nightrider
As for the stamp and number that may have been on it that guy prolly used rubbing alcohol to remove it to make it look new. I'm happy you alcohol tested it and I'm glad its an original 2290.
That 2290 is the original. I can almost guarantee it from the looks of the glue on the screws being untouched.
There's got to be an issue in the PA section which is all those capacitors around and including the 3 copper coils. Try if you can when your feeling better or up to it to get as good a look as your can to the 2 green capacitors between the 3 coils for burn marks. Or any of them around that area and let me know if you find something please.
Yes sir I will!

Reactions: Keto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.