• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited BR-1 "Big Radio Sound' Echo Board ???

B

BOOTY MONSTER

sparkys has these now and im thinking about trying it in a uniden 78 . has anyone tried it yet ? any opinions on it ? anyone know how it compares to the Astatic EB-1 in the same price range ? or its big borther (at twice the price) the TRB 1 ? i think ill use switch kits idea from a different thread and swap the squelch controll for it . i use my rf gain to manage noise anyhow .

http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/3922747/5022975.htm
more info and pics .
http://www.cbtricks.com/sound_toys/magnum/br_1/index.htm

The TRB-1 just does a lot of different effects for what it is , but it's not so much the effects for me other then the way you can set it up just the way you like it with ease and that's what I think you can sometimes be paying for . I've used different echo boards over the years and there are many decent ones that will just give you that touch of echo reverb that you might like for the little extra in your audio. Astatic board will give you that , there OK , I can kind of compare them to a DM-452 echo mic. There are surely steps up from the Astatic boards , The BB-2 from Workman I find to be a very good board for it's size and functions , If I didn't use the TRB-1 I would more then likely use that one. They set just right for that touch of echo reverb in your audio and you can just set it up like that with out using the dual controller that comes with it . It gives you the choice and you can also add a on/off switch or to one that is already on the radio. The unfortunate thing about the TRB-1s are that the sellers really mark them up !! This new board is cheap , and thats' usually what you get from these echo boards in performance , I will surely be trying one of these new RF-Limited boards in the near feature. The is the BB-2 by Workman
bb2echo.jpg

Switch Kit said:
The TRB-1 just does a lot of different effects for what it is , but it's not so much the effects for me other then the way you can set it up just the way you like it with ease and that's what I think you can sometimes be paying for . I've used different echo boards over the years and there are many decent ones that will just give you that touch of echo reverb that you might like for the little extra in your audio. Astatic board will give you that , there OK , I can kind of compare them to a DM-452 echo mic. There are surely steps up from the Astatic boards , The BB-2 from Workman I find to be a very good board for it's size and functions , If I didn't use the TRB-1 I would more then likely use that one. They set just right for that touch of echo reverb in your audio and you can just set it up like that with out using the dual controller that comes with it . It gives you the choice and you can also add a on/off switch or to one that is already on the radio. The unfortunate thing about the TRB-1s are that the sellers really mark them up !! This new board is cheap , and thats' usually what you get from these echo boards in performance , I will surely be trying one of these new RF-Limited boards in the near feature. The is the BB-2 by Workman
bb2echo.jpg

We are having problems with the bb-2 boards, and the fake "new" lt2d" mini boards.

The best boards are the LT2D or LT2D-N by Opek.
Does anyone know a distributor with the real thing?

what troubles with the bb-2s ? I was very impressed with those , not only for the fact that you can just set them for a nice touch of echo/reverb in the radio and leave well enough alone after that not having to use the dual controls, but that they will fit very nicely in the 520s and smaller radios like that without a sweat. Weather or not they appear to "amplify" the audio or not , the few I have used , were all nice. it's kind of like i said before , some are surely better then others for what they do , but lets face it here , you either want to make a bunch of noise with them (like the TRB-1's will allow you to do along with the LTs ) or you just want to set them for that nice echo/reverb in your audio and leave well enough alone , and as I said , you can get that much out of a run of the mill Astatic board or a DM-452s mic at the same cost or less. Not to get of subject here , but pound for pound and the cost of a DM-452 , those mic's have impressed me since day one !(whatever name they have on them) They seem to work well on any radio I ever put them on , weather they were swing kitted , SSB'ed or just plane tuned for performance , with there slider control on the front and the volume and reverb control pots inside the mic , these 20.00 mic's do a fine job for what they are. I swear by them for what they are, although depending on how much of a bucket mouth one might be ? A good 9 volt battery will go a fairly long way on those. (bucket mouths beware) , echo mic's eat batterys like a bowl of peanuts on a crowded beer bar counter. :p

Switch Kit said:
what troubles with the bb-2s ? I was very impressed with those , not only for the fact that you can just set them for a nice touch of echo/reverb in the radio and leave well enough alone after that not having to use the dual controls, but that they will fit very nicely in the 520s and smaller radios like that without a sweat. Weather or not they appear to "amplify" the audio or not , the few I have used , were all nice. it's kind of like i said before , some are surely better then others for what they do , but lets face it here , you either want to make a bunch of noise with them (like the TRB-1's will allow you to do along with the LTs ) or you just want to set them for that nice echo/reverb in your audio and leave well enough alone , and as I said , you can get that much out of a run of the mill Astatic board or a DM-452s mic at the same cost or less. Not to get of subject here , but pound for pound and the cost of a DM-452 , those mic's have impressed me since day one !(whatever name they have on them) They seem to work well on any radio I ever put them on , weather they were swing kitted , SSB'ed or just plane tuned for performance , with there slider control on the front and the volume and reverb control pots inside the mic , these 20.00 mic's do a fine job for what they are. I swear by them for what they are, although depending on how much of a bucket mouth one might be ? A good 9 volt battery will go a fairly long way on those. (bucket mouths beware) , echo mic's eat batterys like a bowl of peanuts on a crowded beer bar counter. :p

Oscillation on the BB-2 and the Fake L2td boards.
There are fake small Lt2d boards gong around.
A-1 telecom is supplying them. Very small and no markings on the boards.

Photo copies of the instructions. Very crappy and they dont work
well under big watts. We are still trying to find the original Opek boards.

I gave up on the echo and garbage on my radio's.
If I can find a key-up nobody has I will use it.
Right now, I just use a plain Jane Uniden 68.

i was gonna go with the TRB-1 as yall recomended but sparkys said it wouldnt fit in the 78LTW . he eaid the BR-1 would fit so im going with that .......should be here monday or tuesday :rknrl :bounce thanks for the comments ;)

BOOTY MONSTER said:
i was gonna go with the TRB-1 as yall recomended but sparkys said it wouldnt fit in the 78LTW . he eaid the BR-1 would fit so im going with that .......should be here monday or tuesday :rknrl :bounce thanks for the comments ;)
Did you get the BR-1 installed yet? :?:

IM a little confused here ? But I think he's talking to you Libby ?
I still think this is a very good board for my needs .......I thought it was called the BB-2 , IM just personally very impressed with this little board and it's functions. Peace
bb2echo.jpg

al instaled it for me . its ok . not what i thought it would be but better than nothing . if i had it to do over id get the EC-2018 extreme mic .

I just installed the br-1 board in my galaxy dx29hp sat. I agree with booty monster. Not what I expected at all. You have to turn both knobs completely up just for the other guy to hear the echo. I wonder if there are any vr pots on the board. I can't remember. I'll open her up my next two days off and post again.

I just installed the br-1 board in my galaxy dx29hp sat. I agree with booty monster. Not what I expected at all. You have to turn both knobs completely up just for the other guy to hear the echo. I wonder if there are any vr pots on the board. I can't remember. I'll open her up my next two days off and post again.

That BR echo board is just pretty tame. Better to go with the trbx2 turbo echo.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.