• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFI from LEDs.

Not in these lamps since that would cause a random strobe where more than one could be on at a time or none at all. It almost reminds me of the way the old fashioned scanners would flash the channel LED down the line but much faster. I noticed this effect when the oscillator went defective in one and the strobe speed slowed down enough to see it. The use of a digital camera should also show only one LED is on at a time.

Yes however you are talking a specific type and I am talking in general terms. There are more than one type of LED causing RFI.

He did mention that the FM stereo band was getting wiped out too so, who knows, maybe the commercial radio stations will complain to the FCC.

Not unless they know that their listeners are being interfered with. Again it goes back to the individual not knowing the cause and most often not caring or having a clue about it.

It's a pwm signal...I myself use a couple home made versions as the "store version" tear up my receive ..I use an ardunio myself .. The reason for this is high powered leds with 7 volt drops start to become a problem with 12 volt..so instead of lighting 2 leds at once ..we light 1 led for 2 microseconds ..turn off and light the other for 2 microseconds and repeat .The human eye can't detect such as fast flash and appears that both lights are always on and uses half the power at the led end .. now normally this is for far more then two leds .. I myself have 24 outputs with 3 leds per lead for 72 leds total but only have to power 36 leds at any one given time . But of course this circuit needs to be built and housed correctly or will rfi ..and no...This is not for weed ...tired of paying 70$ a carton for cigarettes and grow my own tobacco.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.