• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFI issue

The20poundhammer

May 23, 2016
McKee Ky
Ok folks I am having an RFI issue. I have narrowed it down to a pole mounted transformer that belongs to the electric company. Has any one here delta with this issue before. If so how did it go and what did you do. Thanks for any help.

By law they have to resolve the issue to the best of their ability.. As Capt stated call your local utility give them the physical location of the pole.

Most of our poles will be labeled with tag pole #. Also all transformer and overhead equipment poles will have a device number on the pole as well.

Reactions: midnight special
Yes the power company has one of the gadgets like the cable companies have that check for RF interference. I have seen the cable company riding down my street, and aiming it out of the driver's window. It's like a small hand held Yagi antenna.

Also, is there a cable amplifier near that pole? The amplifiers can, and will leak RFI. I had one at the top of my street, about 1/4 mile away, that was pegging my receive meter 24/7.

No cable amp on the pole just the transformer. I am well aware of how pole numbers are placed on this company's poles. This is a rural Co-op so not sure how well it will be received. We shall see.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.