• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy HLA-300 10-160m amp

AMP

WHEN someone uses one of these amps on 75, let us hear if you have time to let us know how it works, modulation reports etc., obviously I am looking for AM reports on 75...and how is the filtering on one of these, most RM amps for 10/11 mtrs filtering use to be bad.

TNX
DOCTOR/795

You will probably see more than 200W PEP on 80m with 5w of drive. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Actually, if that's the case, I will probably run around 8 watts (give or take) into the low side on the amp, because I do not want more than 200W out, because of my remote autotuner. It only handles 200 PEP. So I'll run whatever brings me to the 200 ballpark on 75/80M.

I went ahead and ordered the one without the fans, because not only am I going to run the amp no higher than 200W, but I also have my own fan, a Mitsubishi which is about a 5X5 in size, so it covers most of the cooling fins, instead of just down the center. The fan is much quieter too, than the three high RPM (noisy) fans that come on the HLA-300V.

So, does anyone here recommend any relatively simple mods to improve this amp in any way? Just asking, because this thread had been dormant for quite a while, before I bumped it up, and maybe someone has come up with some mods between then and now. My amp has been ordered, and is on the way.

B

Not too much to mod on these.. they're class AB, thermally tracked. They have a set of built in 2-pole Chebyshev filters, which in most cases will keep your spurious signals 45+dB below carrier, which is acceptable. At the power levels you're looking at running you're more than good to go. Enjoy your new amp!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.