• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM KL203 Jumper settings

im a moron, but im gonna take a crack at this one anyways just for kicks.

From the schematic, there appears to be some ladder filters driving the circuit that cuts the relay on and off. The jumper position seems to attinuate the amount of filtering going on which drives that transistor switch (activating the relay). My guess is the jumper settings are for different input frequencies (e.g. what carrier frequency is being used 10m vs say 40m). which goes where for what... let me take another guess. L's and C's with those smalll values usually indicate higher frequency stuff. so atinuating those (making them less effective) would seem to be more helpfull at lower frequencies.

Oops hit the submit button too soon:

So position 1-2 would be for high frequency. 2-3 for lower frequency operation. But i would think if the amp is cutting in and out ok the way it is, dont mess w/ it.

I could be totaly wrong. dont take this as gospel. use it more as a problem solving aid.

Are you refering to the jumpers for where it operates as far as frequency?

Schematic only shows one jumper block. I am speculating its purpose.

So to answer your question, im "guessing" im refering to where it operates as far as frequency. But adding the additional guess that they actually have nothing to do with how the MOSFETS will behave (e.g. Output stage works same regardless of jumper position), only the action of switching on and off of the relay seems to be affected by jumper block.

A much more inportant discovery (for me anyways) i am fairly certain of...

I can replace C8 (16v, 33uF) with a higher capacitance to get the SSB delay to last a bit longer (a problem i have with my unit which has made it unuseable in SSB).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.