• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Road Pro SWR Meter?

I think those are the mass produced in asia meters that wind up with 100 different brand names on them. Probably worth what you pay for it. I have one of those cheapo watt/swr meters that I've been abusing for 25 years that still works.

Ok, thanks. But is it accurate, and more importantly, better than the meter on my Cobra? They are about $25 at the truck stops. My other choice is to wait until I get home and mail order one.

Any thoughts on which would be the best in the $25-50 range?

Ok, thanks. But is it accurate, and more importantly, better than the meter on my Cobra? They are about $25 at the truck stops. My other choice is to wait until I get home and mail order one.

When you talk about meters in that price range you are talking low end units that are good for relative output and swr readings. Accuracy is a crap shoot until you get into better quality meters like Daiwa, Comet, Autek, MFJ (yes I said MFJ). I'd say your Cobra meter is probably as good as any meter in that price range for every day use and abuse..

For SWR meters in that price range, Radio Shack makes an swr/power meter that is quite accurate.

I have a few of the little radio shack 2000 watt meters they are pretty damn accurate and reliable I have used them on the HF bands as far as the accuracy Ide buy one of these over the workman and other meters offered today and they are pretty much spot on as far as AVG / AVG PEAK SSB readings. Those meters are actually using the same technolgy setup inside the case as what the yaesu meters use.

There not a true peak reading meter but Ive tested them against several of my other meters including my more pricey ham meters and as Ive said they are pretty much spot on as far as average power redings which is bsically most important as far as solid steady output power goes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1