• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ROBYN 240 issue

Crambone

Jan 22, 2019
Ok as you can see the 100ohm resister is fried, it’s coming off the multicap 350V 47/47/47uf. I pulled the multi cap and it checked ok but I put new caps in anyway (re-stuffed can) I also replaced the 100ohm resistor . Powered on and resistor got instantly HOT! I put my meter on the resister end at the cap and to ground and I’m showing a short it’s grounded. I lifted the resister from the cap and checked continuity again to ground and both the cap end and resister end are showing a short. What would be a guess as to what component they share that may be causing the short? I’m only assuming these shouldn’t be grounded.

BAF7FB9A-FDD8-4B28-AD29-E76F76C45A04.jpeg

Do you have a schematic? Your not giving any reference numbers to the components in question. I am assuming this part of the circuit is off the secondary of T2?? perhaps? If so, check for a bad diode off the secondary.

I have to go to Office Max Monday to pick up the schematic. I need a full-size I hate trying to look at it on the computer.

Reactions: Woody-202
Ooooooo....
That begs a question.....
I've always wondered whether those "copy places" like that will copy/enlarge schematics like that or if they would "pitch a fit" over copyrights and stuff like that!!!!

Do they say anything at all or just take your money and hand you the prints?

Do you send it over the web and go pick it up or do you have to drop it off???

Visio is a "vector drawing" program. There are others. I bought a legacy version on that watery auction site for cheep. I mostly use it for re/drawing schematics but, it also works for mechanical drawings. If I need to share a drawing with someone who doesn't have it, I can save to a common graphic format, DXF, or "print" it to PDF.

I've put up the Silly schematic several times here so you can check it out. The others I had to search for a high quality version. I know what you mean about fuzzy pages.

Reactions: sunbulls
I download it into a pdf and purchase online then just go pick it up. I’ve had manuals copied and bound by them also.

Oh ya I’ve decided to put this on hold for a while. The wife and I are going up to our Cabin for a month or two to recharge. That’s my code word for fish!

Reactions: Unit 75

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.