• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ROBYN SB-540D

nite-eagle

LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR QRP!
Apr 4, 2005
WISCONSIN
Hello everyone,
I am looking at a Robyn SB-540D 40 channel AM/SSB base CB from the 70's. It is I think the first CB base with micro-processor frequency control. The radio is in NEAR MINT comdition. It works and looks like new. My question is this: What is it worth? What would a reasonable price be for this radio. I know this is going to be different for everyone, I just wanted to get an idea what a radio like this should sell for.
Thank you for your reply.

73 for now and God Bless, John, NITE-EAGLE, CDX-409

nite-eagle said:
Hello everyone,
I am looking at a Robyn SB-540D 40 channel AM/SSB base CB from the 70's. It is I think the first CB base with micro-processor frequency control. The radio is in NEAR MINT comdition. It works and looks like new. My question is this: What is it worth? What would a reasonable price be for this radio. I know this is going to be different for everyone, I just wanted to get an idea what a radio like this should sell for.
Thank you for your reply.

73 for now and God Bless, John, NITE-EAGLE, CDX-409

As described $300-$500, but that doesn't mean you won't stumble across one for $50 in same condition at a garage sale either.

It's a Cobra 142GTL/ Uniden Washington on the inside. Made on contract for Robyn by Uniden in Taiwan. Pretty much the same main circuit board, but with a different selection of front-panel controls Not a bad radio, but not all that hot, either.

Uh, "microprocessor" ? ?

WHere?

Has a conventional 40-click mechanical channel-selector switch, same as the other brands/models built on that chassis.

ROBYN SB-540D REVIEW

Hello, the link below is to a review and some pix of the SB-540D. You can see by the review and the pictures is does have a digital keypad to change channels.
I tried to put a picture of my radio into this post but could not get it to work.
Anyway this link will show the radio Im talking about.
73, John

http://www.cbgazette.com/review_sb540d.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.