• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rohn Tower ?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Does Rohn make this?

Rohn 25 - 65 foot free standing crank up tower

How much ?

Yeah, I was just looking at their website and I found that 25G is able to free standing, but check the catalog for height specs...

In either case, 65 foot Rohn 25 tower with base plate. Wondering how much used?

How much used? Oh boy, that just depends on how bad the seller want's to get rid of it. A very rough rule of thumb that I use is that if it's half or more of the new price, it's too much. BUT! That only works for me, and is NOT a good criteria in general.
Don't buy any tower without looking at it. That puts a real 'kink' in any plans, but it's certainly worth it in the long run. The final criteria is, is it worth that much to you?
- 'Doc

I bought 2 used sections for $25- each from Craigslist but I think thats kind of a steal. Just throwing it out there for some comparison.

well, new sections list for 150 each, base is 80, a top is 300. If it is 6 sections plus top, plus base, then 1280/2 = 640.

Then there is the part that makes it a crank up ?

If you mean a 'fold-over' type crank up tower, you might be close. If you mean a crank-up that nestles down inside it's self, stop while you're ahead, they are not Rohn 25 and they are not cheap. If I'm not mistaken, Rohn doesn't offer the fold-over in the middle type tower anymore. I would imagine because they were/are not simple by any means, and required much more than is typically though about.
Completely beside the point, a neighbor offered me a crank up 110 foot tower for a trade (won't say what the trade was). I took that offer and then made the mistake of telling him about what I'd been offered. Unfortunately, I didn't sign over a title before telling him and the deal was called off. Wasn't exactly thrilled with that, but I can certainly understand it! (Four zeros after the first significant number was the offer. No, it wasn't a factional number.)
Expect to pay for a fold over tower.
- 'Doc

Does it look like this?

TwrOnGnd3sm.JPG

I see which type you mean now. But no, it didn't look like that one. Think the shipping weight was right at 2 tons (3875 pounds).
Something else you might give some thought to is that the tower it's self is probably the cheapest part of the whole thing. A 'gin-pole' for laying it over, the associated concrete for the base, and digging the @#$ hole ain't gonna be for free. A couple of yards of concrete, especially for a non-guyed tower, will only fill part of that hole. And just for grins, figure on guying the thing anyway. As in 'EHS' guy wire, not clothes-line wire. Then there's all the rest of the stuff you'll need.
And before you get to far along, see if the town where you live has any requirements for towers (why I don't have one). All this is such fun, ain't it??
- 'Doc

towers

Yeah, I was just looking at their website and I found that 25G is able to free standing, but check the catalog for height specs...

In either case, 65 foot Rohn 25 tower with base plate. Wondering how much used?

hi (y)
in my personal case i won,t pay more than $100.00 for 75 feet.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.