• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RTTY and CW using computer hookup issue

A brief note/question(s)...

1)...The RB Pro doesn't come with a usb cord, does that mean it cannot unitize one?

2)...Does anyone know if FLDIGI has an ENGLISH version?
Rigblaster pro is before USB was really a big thing. That is ok. FlDigi is strange and if you are going that far, install Ham Radio Deluxe and be done with it lol. I need to dig up the last free version of Ham Radio Deluxe.

Reactions: radio grief
I put back up my 40m dipole and the antenna tuner. Will be ready to try to see if we can PSK31 some day when we get your setup going.

Reactions: radio grief
Rigblaster pro is before USB was really a big thing. That is ok. FlDigi is strange and if you are going that far, install Ham Radio Deluxe and be done with it lol. I need to dig up the last free version of Ham Radio Deluxe.

Would be interested in seeing that...I didn't know they made a free version

Here is the latest one I believe of FLDigi... I have not messed with it, but barely got it installed. Same Idea I suppose as Digipan, but fancier.

Windows itself will complain about it being an unknown publisher yadda yadda, but just install it, its fine..
This boggles the mind!...Every version I downloaded was in a different language....A day or so, I dl'ed FLARig but, don't see much use in it.....

Last night, I decided to tinker with this again and, (get this), FLDIGI WAS IN ENGLISH!...

Beats me what happened as I didn't do anything at all..

Reactions: doffo
A note -

I have a RIGBLASTER PRO as stated (as well as pk232 and cp-100)...

1)...Using the RIGBLASTER PRO, I can key radio (power out all the way off) and, for example, on RTTY, which has the "diddle" which is turned on, I get only a carrier (no "diddle" sound)...

2)
...Tuned to the same freq as the icom 730 is my "901" which is 4 inches from the icom and showing a "6" on the "s" meter...I hear no diddle.

3)...I did same in cw mode and radio will key but, pretty much as above....

4)...It is "reading" ok once I tune cw...

5)...Last night was the first opportunity to see FLDIGI in english and admittedly, still don't comprehend much of it....

6)...Why no cw audio such as one might hear and, no cw diddle?

I sent you a message. If you can tune into 14.070 and have Digipan at least listen on in to the PSK31 stuff, then that would be good news. Not a whole lot of PSK31 during the week but sometimes more busy on the evenings/weekends.

While I am contemplating what weight sledgehammer to use on this digital stuff, I figured I would take a break for a while today and post a few pict some may want to see of my tower installation "way back then"....(if not appropriate here, admin tell me and I will remove soonest.

empty tower.jpg

EMPTY TOWER - 11 METER ON ROOF

11 meter beam hoisting.jpg

HOISTING 11 METER WILSON SHOOTING STAR BEAM

view sw.jpg

VIEW N FROM BOOM OF 20 M MONO-BAND BEAM

view south.jpg

VIEW S FROM BOOM OF 20 M MONO-BAND BEAM 40' X 37' WITH 4'-5'' BOOM DIAMETER

view looking down.jpg

VIEW LOOKING "DOWN"

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I removed all wires and jumpers from rb internal board and started over...NO CHANGE...

Can key radio but, hear no morse (dit-dah, etc) in monitor radio next to it....Nor do I hear "diddle" when in RTTY mode..... (Should the mic volum on the radio be "turned up"?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.