• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ruger 77/22 100 yd groups

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Using cheap Federal 40 gr LRN HV ammo and including the 2 mini flyers, a tick less than a 1 inch group. $50 Simmons 22 Mag scope too.
Maybe with match grade ammo they might all go through the same hole!
The wife got me my Ruger K77/22-VBZ bolt action stainless 24" barrel rifle of my dreams!
The full size zombies might still be a problem, but the midget zombies won't stand a chance.

Same rifle, less the cheap silver finish scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I guess I'll have to thank her after lights out tonight with the help of that magical blue pill!

Nice grouping !! the 77/22 is a very nice little rifle. (y)

I have the 77 mk2 7 mag and I LOVE it !!

Take a hard look at the 17hmr rifle...if you like the 77/22 you will love the 17hmr

I like them, but only after I mod the trigger. Usually why I own a few Savage.

The store where she bought it did a trigger job on it as part of the deal since these expensive 22s aren't flying off the racks at all......3 lb trigger pull.
The 10/22s are real hard to find since Newtown, I wanted a 10/22 Target model but since the wait time is several months she got the only 77/22 that they had......happened to be the exact one I always wanted.
All my target pistols have custom trigger work......if it has a trigger, it needs a trigger job.

with the savage you can get a threaded barrel from the factory, and there is something extra fun about shooting without wairing protection.

100 yrds?

That is really good for 100, even with the Simmons on top!
The only Ruger I have left is a 20 yr old Mark II with bull barrel, it's really a dream to shoot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 175
That is really good for 100, even with the Simmons on top!
The only Ruger I have left is a 20 yr old Mark II with bull barrel, it's really a dream to shoot.

I broke down and bought a slab side Mark III Competition a couple of years ago.....I can keep up with my wife's Browning Buckmark Hunter which is a excellent shooter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.