• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

s9v 31 antenna questions

do i need a 4 to 1 balun if i will be using a external tuner? or will i need both? whats a good brand of balun to get if i need one? thanks

got the antenna all set up. I have around 36 radials put a choke in the coax, when i went to try it out last night there are stations that are seem to be booming in, but when i try to call for them no answers.
Would this be from having around 120ft of coax? can have around 95 if take choke out. Should i get a remote tuner and put at the base, i would if it would help with my signal. any help is appricated
73s kc9oza

I think 30 feet of coax in a choke is kind of much, but it really shouldn't make enough difference to keep you from being heard. No idea why you weren't answered, and there can be quite a few reasons for that besides too weak of a signal.
- 'Doc

The best one would be 18-20 gauge as per your requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some how one of my coaxes got changed. I worked fine after that. but i recently put my ah-4 tuner at the base and it has seemed to help my signal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.