• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sale of all sales

most of it may be crap or so so gear
there are a few good radios i saw though

whoever gets it
i am sure will find more then a few decent radios

Hardhead,
Normally, I'd think there shouldn't be any problems with crossing the border with radio gear. But, just to be on the safe side, I think I'd ask before doing so. I do know that 'things' have changed in the last couple of years. Whether that includes 'vintage' radio equipment of not, who knows?
- 'Doc

Hardhead said:
DTB Radio said:
Definitely worth a drive to Ontario if I win.

Will there be a problem getting it into the US?
I don't think Customs will hassle you if you had all of your papers in order. If I was the bid winner, I'd print out a copy of the eBay page as proof, along with a bill of sale and perhaps a copy of any emails that maye have been exchanged.

Many years ago I attended a surplus electronics show near Niagara Falls, US side. We decided to visit the Canadian Falls for an hour or two. Getting into Canada wasn't the problem... it was US Customs coming back through that was! When they learned that I was there for only a couple of hours they further probed with questions and a search of my vehicle, upon where they found surplus circuit cards I bought for spare parts. We were detained for an hour or so and had ro remove shoes, socks, empty pockets, lift up our shirts, hand over our wallets and separately interrogated. Not until they found a flyer of the surplus show we attended, did they then believe me. As we were gathering our items to depart and re-enter the US they pull over a van that's customized inside and out. The side door opens up and a couple of barefoot teenagers spill out amidst a billow of marijuana smoke!!

i call the 101's crap. good for cb'rs otherwise useless compared to modern radios
I beg to differ.
to a modern radio(ft 897, 857) the 101 can not hold a candle is true, but in its day the "rice burners" were the radio to have.
Compared to what was offered at the time the 101 was a awesome radio, that just got better with each model that came out, and even today, it is hard to beat a 101 in the AM department.
I would much rather have a 101 than a Swan, or a 10/11 drifter. I still have 2 101`s, a B and a E and I will hang on to them....Yes I run the 897D most of the time, but I still fire up the old rice burner for a little fun on the weekends and check into the old tube radio network, just for grins :LOL:

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.