• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Say Hello to:

K7RDN

Dec 2, 2010
KF7OAH

Yes I got my callsign today. Found it on the FCC site.

License Search

Still isn't posted on QRZ, ARRL AE7Q's Amateur Extra 7 Query Tools.

Also got my Quansheng TG-UV2 today but can't seem to get the computer program to run so I can program it.

KF7OAHI got my callsign today

outstanding.gif
Congrat's Big Bob!

Also got my Quansheng TG-UV2 today but can't seem to get the computer program to run so I can program it.

Just exactly what problem are you having?

Windows 7 is a great OS. Unfortunately, Windows 7 "64-bit" is a nightmare. Why? Software vendors weren't programming to address "64-bit" processor's and many still aren't. Heck, Palm (Palm Pilot, etc.) refuses to program for "64-bit" and now only works through BlueTooth (so they won't have to deal with "64-bit"). It is a shame - but, it is life right now. I searched the net and you aren't alone with the TG-UV2 running under "64-bit."

Try this: Right click the program icon and go to Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, set the program to run under compatibility settings for Windows XP.

See if it runs now...

Windows 7 is a great OS. Unfortunately, Windows 7 "64-bit" is a nightmare. Why? Software vendors weren't programming to address "64-bit" processor's and many still aren't. Heck, Palm (Palm Pilot, etc.) refuses to program for "64-bit" and now only works through BlueTooth (so they won't have to deal with "64-bit"). It is a shame - but, it is life right now. I searched the net and you aren't alone with the TG-UV2 running under "64-bit."

Try this: Right click the program icon and go to Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, set the program to run under compatibility settings for Windows XP.

See if it runs now...

Still didn't work, going to see if I can get it to work at my work computer, it has XP on it. Thanks for your help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.