• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sears Roadtalker

nightwatch

Jan 13, 2007
Somewhere Deep Below the Earth
Howdy Everybody!
Hey I have a question. Does anyone know who made the Sears Roadtalker radios back in the day?? I did a search, and found out that the boards may have been made by uniden, but what company actually put it all togeather?? Just curious. :)

Nightwatch,
I have one of these too so, I am interested in the responses .
I have mine hooked up to a modulator & it did a pretty good job talking to the "chicken haulers" LOL

I think some were made by SBE.I know SBE made some of the Sears scanners and Sears also sold a HF communications receiver made by Yaesu with the the Sears name.

I just got one of these given to me buy my dad. In the box brand new , with manuals but I dont know how to even hook it up in my jeep. What do I need.?Will it perform? Im in california, I think theres some kind of max amp law so how many amps or volts or whatever power does it put out?Id really appreciate any help. So thanks in advance.

I just got one of these given to me buy my dad. In the box brand new , with manuals but I dont know how to even hook it up in my jeep. What do I need.?Will it perform? Im in california, I think theres some kind of max amp law so how many amps or volts or whatever power does it put out?Id really appreciate any help. So thanks in advance.
Great old radio! A classic CB - if there ever was one!

Just get a great antenna for your Jeep - like a 102" stainless steel whip & ball mount, a 12 ft piece of coax. Wiring to you vehicle is easy. Red wire goes to the "+" on the battery; and the black wire goes to the "-" of the battery.

You will need to take it all to a CB shop near your area - usually around major truck stop ares for final adjustments. Unless you have a friend close by that is savvy with CB's - then take it to him. If you live near San Jose CA - I'd help you out...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.