• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Seeking Uniden Pro 810e or Realistic TRC 850 BASE CB

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Howdy good folks, I have been trying to latch onto a kinda small sorta compact simple but yet solid Uniden Pro 810e or Realistic TRC 850 which are
essentially the same radio to my understanding. Can be stock or modded. I prefer something in really nice condition and with box and manual is a plus but certainly not a must.

I'm still looking for a TRS Challanger 1400 base station. And all 3 of these are SSB radios with the 1400 being more a deluxe model and it's very hard to find period.

If you have these or know of someone who does, PLEASE contact me or have them contact me. I don't wanna sink a boat load of money into any of these
but depending on the shape it's in and what mods it already has I will raise my
offer so thanks for looking and let me know please...

73's from Hoosierland, Jim

Well I just won an auction on eBay for one although it went a bit too high really than I would
have liked but hopefully this one will work out very nicely for me. I've been very curious about these lil radios for a good while now. This is pretty basic CB but still have a very nice
look and got your SSB and 40 channel mods available which I hope all this works out real good for me. Posting a pic or 2 now on it...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=151366488829

looks like it could use a little cleaning, but it looks good.

wow, someone else wanted that radio almost as much as you did. that's quite the bidding war. you don't see them around too often though, which surprises me since there's so many washingtons around.

a friend of mine ran one and she always sounded great with a sadelta desk mic.

Well this one I got from eBay isn't too good !! Wow I wished folks would be more detailed on there and tell it more like it really is... As when I hooked it up I knew this was a bad one. Basically, I've got several good working CB bases to compare against it all hooked to a MFJ 6 switch/6antenna/switch so I was able to tell fast the meter is scewed it's stingy hardly moves
but on strong signals, meter light is OUT, SSB I can only get on USB half watt when whistling
and LSB is worse cutting out too, AM looks like about 1/4 a watt with no swing whatsoever, however it does have audio which seems normal I guess from my talkback. All the knobs seem to work. The other lights for TX and RX work. Meter doesn't show correctly on transmit either. So basically this is junk right now you could say. The seller claims it isn't still. But he will offer some refund so I'm guessing I'll move onto the next one.
15minigrass I will want you to contact your buddy or friend for me on that one now if that one is in GREAT SHAPE and everything works normal from the get go ? And depending on how much he wants geeez I prefer to not give over hundred dollars, more like $70 - $90 range is about right if the radio works well and if it has clarifier opened already and channels then I'd give lil more !! My email I'll send to ya in private message bro 15minigrass...

73's Jim

Retro, send me your email. I have someone on the island that has one. aloha james.

I couldn't find where to send a private message, hope I don't get spammed to death, here is my email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and I wrote alot regarding about the one I'm still wanting to obtain and some on the goofy one I got bro...

Thanks, Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
and since you can't edit posts in the swap section, click report on the post with your e-mail address and ask the mod to remove it. this is a public forum with multiple bots cruising for addresses.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.