• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Setting the swr's on the Big Daddy

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
Hi all. I am changing the coax on the Big Daddy Antenna tonight and have ?. I can lay the Antenna long ways say pointed East and West or can lower it where the frount of the beams are pointed North and Nouth. Would it be best to point the beams strate up and or side to side to set the SWR.S. Thanks God Bless.

Hi all. I am changing the coax on the Big Daddy Antenna tonight and have ?. I can lay the Antenna long ways say pointed East and West or can lower it where the frount of the beams are pointed North and Nouth. Would it be best to point the beams strate up and or side to side to set the SWR.S. Thanks God Bless.

The general idea is to point the antenna skyward, but if you have an open area and are in the clear, I find any direction can work so-so. My beams were always mounted a little low, but I could tune insitu.

What kind of result are you getting with the match to this point?

I also hope you're still planning to post your manual. I sure would like to add it to my file.

I have plans to get that done for you i dont know how to do it my wife is teaching me. My wife works 12-14 hr a day sometimes 7 days a week so i have been waiting fo her to get some time off so i can get it done. As far as swr's go 1.1 to 1.5 but i am changing the coax and will need to reset it. I am going to try the strate up in the sky trick and see how it dose. Up till now i have been useing the vertcal beams only. With this set of beams i can use vertcal or horizontal or both at the same time. I was not useing the horz because i did not have matching coax i now have that. Thanks for the help I know i can always count on someone to to lend a hand. PS I asked a lot of ? and i dont try to be a pain in the A-- but i am alway's looking for a better way.Years ago when dad had his shop i heard him tell floks if you dont know ask and if you think you know ask--- it will save you money. LOL. I just talked to the wife we will get the Big Daddy manual posted for you this weekend . Well thanks for everthing and God Bless. silvereagle1 .

Hey Silvergate, don't press your wife into service on my account. I don't need the manual that bad.

If your match is 1.1 to 1.5 why are you worried?

Well robb standing it on end worked like a champ. I have the swr's down real nice. on horizontal the swr meter is almost flat and on vertcal 1.2 when i switch to horizontal and vertical at the same time 1.2 to 1.4 its a littel higher on the lower channals. I am happy with it and it dose a good job talking and Ibeen getting some good reports as well. Hey thanks to all of you for your help as i have picked up lots of pointer's along the way. God Bless. silvereagle1

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.