• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

shakespeare big stick lll

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
I want to a small town hamfest in BEDFORD Indiana today. It was cold, cold...but out in the parking lot a chap had a bunch of round tubes and I saw SHAKESPEARE on them...a short story they were big stick lll, he had 7 or 8 brand new from a closed down cb shop price $15 each..bought one , put together, and up at 6 feet now, what a bargain.. fLAT SWR ON 10 AND 11 METERS.
DOCTOR795

I've got an original big stick, it tunes up on 10 thru 40, but 20 is a little rough, it's 2.7:1 with or without the tuner, everything else is under 1.5.

It's at 10' right now and I worked slovenia on 12m a couple days before that last flare.

BIG STICK

OK on my big stick it showed flat swr...BUT...I find that it must some place be grounded because in plugging in the antenna coax it about goes dead on rcv, BUT unscrewing the connector and just leaving in the center conductor it is fine....
I thought perhaps it was the coax, so disconnected the coax from the antenna and plugged into my 440 antenna and it works fine. So the problems is or has to be in the big stick I presume, in putting together just screwed in the sections and connected the coax...any suggestions..
DOCTOR/795

If its not your coax cable thats shorted after checking it with a VOM (Multimeter) for continuity or a short I would guess to say that the antennas were a bad batch which is how this guy you bought it from had gotten so many and was selling them so cheap. They were probably sold to him for 10 - 20 buck for all of them and he to thought what a deal and sold them for 15 a piece and I bet theres alot of people p!$$ed off right now ;)

I would double check your coax before accepting you may have been fawked in the arse it maybe or hopefully is a coax issue ;)

I want to a small town hamfest in BEDFORD Indiana today. It was cold, cold...but out in the parking lot a chap had a bunch of round tubes and I saw SHAKESPEARE on them...a short story they were big stick lll, he had 7 or 8 brand new from a closed down cb shop price $15 each..bought one , put together, and up at 6 feet now, what a bargain.. fLAT SWR ON 10 AND 11 METERS.
DOCTOR795

Three of my Shakespeare are 27feet tall 10-11m flar. Is that what you have ?

Mine have 16awg wire inside and some coils...one of them snapped, that's how I know what's inside.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.