• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sharp CB-800 Tune/Peak Help..

MrClean

Mar 11, 2016
PA
My uncle left me an old Sharp CB-800 (23 channel) and on the web it says L302/L303 for power and R112 for modulation.. (others say R110 and T304)..

I opened it up and.. well I don't know where to find these 'pots'.

Can anyone on here whom may have one (or something with the same board) open theirs up and point me using MS paint (or a pencil) with some photos to where they might be please.. I am not a schematic reader.. hence the issue..

I'd like to use the rig in the truck and my Galaxy 929 in the house.

Thanks for the links, WOW.. I tried to adjust them to the max but didn't see any live gains.. set them back to where they were.. I don't have any equipment other then a pwr/swr meter to go by.. so I was flying blind.. I may send it to DB in PA to tune up..

MR CLEAN -

This is a pretty strange radio. Crystal-controlled frequency generation with a digital display. Also, this set used 1 of 4 different main boards: F0485AF-3, F0485AF-4, F0485AF-5 and F0522AF. I can get you a board layout, but I need to know which board is in your radio. The board number is on the solder side of the board about midway back on the right-hand side. Get me the number, and I'll post the board layout for you.

TUNEUP: Set radio to chan 13. Adjust T302, T303, T304, L302, L303 for maximum output (don't expect a lot!!). Modulation : Set R112 for maximum. A power mic would probably really help this rig.

In addition to a 54 mhz trap (L305), this set has an 81 mhz (3rd harmonic) trap (L306). I can't remember ever seeing a 3rd harmonic filter on any other CB. Either this thing generates a lot of "spurious emissions", and the designers needed to clean it up, or the designers were just over-zealous. I vote for #1.
Get back to me with the number. 73s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.