• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sierra Fox DX group?

Bam Bam, Check out Robb's report on the Magnum Omega Force S45hp
This is the radio i should of bought. And now i have some funds put back just for this.
I have one and use it every day. It's my regular radio for general use. A superb performer for CB/11M both on SSB and AM. Very stable on SSB, and very loud on AM. I also use it on 10M, where it does a quite decent job (I prefer my OPTIMA on 10). An all around excellent radio.

Deficiencies: has the occasional uP glitch which will require a reset, and quality control varies from batch to batch. If you get a good one, it will perform well. (If you operate in the 10M mode [Con 2], contact me for some "undocumented features".)

O.K. I have decided it's going to be a S-45HP. It seems to have all the features I'm wanting minus an actual freq counter. It should be purchased within a month as long as business stays the same at work. (y)

Jazzsinger is not pissed off. You just don't know how to read his personality. Man says what is on his mind in no uncertain terms, does not mince words and does not waffle in his opinions.

O.K. I have decided it's going to be a S-45HP. It seems to have all the features I'm wanting minus an actual freq counter. It should be purchased within a month as long as business stays the same at work. (y)
Excellent! (y) You won't regret it. When I chose it, I looked at many aspects: 10M features first, (because I'm a ham) and then general 11M performance 'cause I operate 11M too! 11M: it does everything, and has all the features and memories I need there. Plus, it has a roger-beep and echo, so I can fit right in with the CB "in-crowd" ;) (check)
10M: full frequency coverage, FM. Repeater splits and even the subaudible tone. (check). Frequency display. The only thing I don't like is that it's a 5-digit display. Oh well... you can't have everything. :sad: Oh, and it's 80W PEP (actually about 50W average). Good solid power, yet easily powered by a 20A supply, or the average car. Plus, great AM audio. What's not to like?

Good Luck trying to find one. I have been searching and so far there is a backorder on these radio's. But i am not done searching yet. I will let you know if i find a few of these for sale. I had an Optima, They are excellent radio's, Just a little hard to operate going down the Highway. They make a great Base Station. IMO.

I would only be using this as a base as I removed my radio from my mobile due to the fact that I only drive about 10 minutes to work and back and the wife says NO antennas on her car. Can't blame her as she is driving a 2010 Charger.......I guess we now know who wears the pants here!:blush: Anyway I have noticed that this is impossible to find anywhere! even on flea bay!:mad: I will let you know if I find one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.